Last month, my friend Kassandra wrote a post and listed a few things that were weird about her. I loved reading it and told her I’d put it on my editorial calendar to write a similar post inspired by hers. Well, peeps, that day is today.
Edit: I feel a little strange publishing this because now that it’s all written out, I really feel like the real, true weirdo that I actually am. Oh well. Here goes nothin’.
1. Every time I pick up a cup, close my door, or close my computer, I always have to touch the middle of the bottom of the cup, middle of the doorknob, and middle of the screen. It has to be just right. Many nights I sit there trying to close my computer after working but can’t quite be satisfied with hitting the exact center of the screen on my computer.
2. Every time I send an e-mail, I go to my sent folder and read it again.
3. When I can’t think of what I want to eat and nothing at all sounds appetizing, I pretty much will always perk up at the prospect of eggs-in-toast or as some people call it eggs-in-a-basket.
4. I probably owe about 100 people e-mails right now. Literally. I’m fighting a losing battle I think.
5. When I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend named Timothy. I always envisioned him as being very small, like a mouse. Later when I was in college, my mom sent me a newspaper article about how kids who had imaginary friends are usually intelligent. I think that made all of us feel better about the situation.
6. I am an ultra-sensitive person in so many ways. It’s taken me over 20 years and a bit of counseling to realize that it’s a huge positive, not a huge negative. Rock on, sensitive souls. Rock on.
7. I like writing things down on paper. If I don’t bring something to write on to Starbucks when I work on the weekends, I might as well not work at all. I’ve been known to write on Starbucks napkins when nothing else is available.
8. I was bullied my freshman and sophomore years of high school. A few students tormented me mercilessly for an entire semester because I wouldn’t let them copy my homework during the first week of school. There was actually a girl who made a website entirely about why people should hate me. This was back before there were cyber bulling laws. One of them contacted me a few years ago on Facebook and apologized.
9. I rarely “lol” – It’s more of a silent, shaking sort of laugh. If you can get me to actually laugh out loud, then you are hysterical.
10. I am the worst house wife in the world. If I could change anything about myself, it would be this. I suck at cooking, cleaning, and in general being on top of household type duties. Betty Crocker I am not. It is my secret dream to welcome hubs home with a pristine house and an apple pie. Instead, he has to somehow figure out how to make dinner when there’s only a block of cheese and some eggs in the fridge.
11. I definitely love One Direction and the BSB and NSYNC and any other boy band and am totally unafraid to admit it. Hubs tried to win me concert tickets to One Direction on the radio just last week, and despite being 27 years old, I would have gone and screamed like a 12 year old.
12. Some people have a shoe buying problem. I have a domain name buying problem. I own about 50 of them right now. If I had all the money in the world, I’d develop a killer website out of one of them in particular. As it stands now, that one will have to wait until I have a bit more time on my hands.
Okay I think that’s enough weirdness for one day. Tell me something weird about you so I don’t feel awkward all day. 😉